The ICMA implements child protection policy, develops safer recruitment practice and enhances coaching standards with a view to professionalising martial arts instruction, in the Unitied Kingdom and partner organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
The ICMA services include:
• Provision of traditional Chinese martial arts tuition and assessments;
• Governance, policy and procedures adminitrative support for member associations;
• Selection for Team GB for Chinese Kuoshu and Chinese Shuai Jiao (Chinese Wrestling);
• Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and identity validation for Chinese martial arts coaches; and
• Training courses to develop an understanding of child protection and safer recruitment practice for Chinese martial arts coaches.
Although self-governing, ICMA work in partnership with national and international organisations to promoting best practice in Chinese martial arts coaching and organisational management. This includes local and national government organisations and in the UK and internationally.
For more information contact us
Institute for Chinese Martial Arts (ICMA) © 2014